Cattle.com

People’s Livestock Auction – Houston, MS

Last Updated 4/23/2019 | View 216 Archived Reports


JK_LS159
Jackson, MS    Tue Apr 23, 2019    USDA - MS Dept of Ag Market News

Houston, MS -  Peoples Livestock Auction
Feeder and Slaughter Cattle Report for Mon Apr 22, 2019

Receipts     This week    191       Last Week    142

Compared to last week slaughter cows trended Steady. Slaughter bulls no trend. 
Feeder steers trended Steady. Feeder heifers trended Steady. Feeder consisted 
of 56 percent steers and 44 percent heifers. Receipts weighing under 600 lbs 
61 percent over 600 lbs 11 percent. Total receipts were made up of 72 percent 
feeders, 19 percent slaughter cows and 9 percent Pairs/Replacements. 

Please Note:
The below USDA LPGMN price report is reflective of the majority of classes and 
grades of livestock offered for sale. There may be instances where some sales 
do not fit within reporting guidelines and therefore will not be included in the 
report. Prices are reported on a per cwt basis, unless otherwise noted.

    Slaughter Cows:
                Weight (lbs)   Pct Lean     Average Dress        High Dress

 Breakers       850-1200       70-80%              -    0.00     0.00-       0.00
 Boners         850-1200       80-85%        45.00 -   50.00         -
 Lean           850-1200       85-90%        40.00 -   45.00     0.00-       0.00
 Lean           750-850        85-90%              -             0.00-       0.00
 Lean           under750       85-90%              -             0.00-       0.00

    SLAUGHTER BULLS:  Yield grade 1-2  1000-1500 lbs 0-0; 1500-2000 lbs 0-0.

    FEEDER STEERS:  Medium & Large 1-2  
300-400 lbs 172.00-180.00 BULLS; 
400-450 lbs 160.00-168.00 BULLS; 450-500 lbs 157.00-165.00 BULLS;
500-550 lbs 152.00-160.00 STEERS; 550-600 lbs 150.00-158.00 STEERS; 
600-700 lbs 142.00-150.00 STEERS; 700-800 lbs 140-145 STEERS WOW!.

  Medium & Large 3  300-400 lbs 160.00-168.00 BULLS;
400-450 lbs 140.00-148.00 BULLS; 500-600 lbs 130.00-138.00 BULLS; 
650-700 lbs 110.00-118.00 BULLS; 700-800 lbs 110.00-118.00 BULLS.

    FEEDER HEIFERS:  Medium & Large 1-2  
200-300 lbs 152.00-160.00; 300-400 lbs 147.00-155.00; 
400-500 lbs 142.00-150.00; 500-600 lbs 132.00-140.00; 
600-700 lbs 130.00-138.00.

  Medium & Large 3  200-300 lbs 120.00-128.00; 
500-600 lbs 112.00-120.00; 700-800 lbs 100.00-108.00 FULL.

    REPLACEMENT & FEEDER COWS:  Small & Medium 1-2 Young (2-4 yrs) 
900-1000 Lbs 4-6 months bred 800.00-850.00.

 Source: Mississippi Department of Agriculture & Commerce - USDA Market News Service
         Jackson, MS   Michael Lasseter, Market Reporter, (601) 359-1159
         www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/jk_LS159

 0900c  ml